SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby
No Result
View All Result
SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
Home Racing

Team Penske fire leaders after Indy 500 scandal

Vital Lawrence by Vital Lawrence
May 22, 2025
in Racing
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
2
63
SHARES
792
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Team Penske owner Roger Penske also owns the IndyCar series and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.. ©AFP

Miami (AFP) – IndyCar giants Team Penske have fired three senior executives after a scandal over illegal modifications to cars ahead of this week’s showcase Indianapolis 500 race. Team president Tim Cindric, managing director Ron Ruzewski, and general manager Kyle Moyer were all dismissed on Wednesday.

“Nothing is more important than the integrity of our sport and our race teams. We have had organizational failures during the last two years, and we had to make necessary changes. I apologize to our fans, our partners, and our organization for letting them down,” team owner Roger Penske said in a statement.

Related news

Cadillac choose experienced duo Perez and Bottas for F1 debut

August 26, 2025
206

Secretariat’s Triple Crown jockey Ron Turcotte dies at 84

August 22, 2025
414

Spain’s Alex Palou wins third consecutive IndyCar season title

August 10, 2025
382

NASCAR driver breaks collarbone in fall as he celebrates win

August 10, 2025
347

Palou wins eighth IndyCar title of year at Monterey Grand Prix

July 29, 2025
549

Palou wins eighth IndyCar title of year at Monterey Grand Prix

July 27, 2025
324

The case is particularly grave given that Penske is also the owner of the IndyCar Series, the Indianapolis 500 race, and the track, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. No replacements have been put in place yet, but the team said “further announcements” would be made later this week.

The infringements were discovered ahead of Sunday’s final qualifying race. The car of Josef Newgarden, who is seeking an unprecedented third straight Indy 500 victory, and teammate Will Power were found to have an illegally modified spec part on their cars. Those entries were moved to the rear of the field, starting 32nd and 33rd, respectively, for Sunday’s race, and each entry was fined $100,000 by IndyCar.

It is not the first issue to have impacted Penske. Last year at the season-opening race in St. Petersburg, Florida, Newgarden and Penske teammate Scott McLaughlin were ruled to have been in violation of two ‘Push to Pass’ parameters and were disqualified from that event. The discovery of the latest violations, which concerned modified attenuators, had led to strong criticism from other teams.

McLaren’s Mexican driver Pato O’Ward had suggested that there were other cases relating to Team Penske as well as the two public infringements. “These are the only two times that it’s been public. But it hasn’t been the only two times. There’s been another two or three things that they’ve caught about them, IndyCar Tech, where they just received fines,” he told Motorsport.com.

“But ultimately it’s not a good look. It’s not a good look at all. Whether it’s become public or not. This one obviously was very public. But some of the other things are also performance enhancers. For the race cars, not for the drivers. Those were not public,” he added.

IndyCar president J. Douglas Boles said before the firings that it was vital the series maintained its integrity. “The positive momentum around the NTT IndyCar Series and the Indianapolis 500 has been on a steep crescendo over the last several months, and we want it to be clear that our intent is to maintain that momentum and discourage teams from putting IndyCar in positions where it calls into the integrity of our officiating and the levelness of the playing field,” Boles said.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: indianapolis 500IndyCarJosef Newgarden
Share25Tweet16Share
Vital Lawrence

Vital Lawrence

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
2 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Follow Us

Popular News

  • Bookmaker linked to ex-Ohtani interpreter sentenced to prison

    21 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • Late-night Paul battles through at US Open in 1:46 am finish

    40 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16

    22 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6
  • Swiatek wobbles at US Open as Sinner targets third round

    42 shares
    Share 17 Tweet 11
  • Swiatek labours into US Open third round

    26 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 7
SportBeep.com

Welcome to SportBeep, your ultimate destination for all things sports! If you're passionate about the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, or any other sport, you're in the right place. Here, you'll find the latest news, in-depth analyses, and commentary on the most important sporting events and personalities from around the world.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

News

  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Hockey
  • Tennis
  • Golf

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • EconomyLens.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com

© 2024 SportBeep ~ Top Sports News from around the world!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby

© 2024 SportBeep.com - Best Sport News