SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby
No Result
View All Result
SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
Home Soccer

FIFA hopes 2026 World Cup cities will be ‘ready’ for games after Trump comments

Michael Taylor by Michael Taylor
October 15, 2025
in Soccer
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
4
190
SHARES
2.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

US President Donald Trump pictured with FIFA president Gianni Infantino in July. ©AFP

Paris (AFP) – FIFA said on Wednesday it hoped all 16 host cities will be “ready” to stage games at the 2026 World Cup finals after US President Donald Trump suggested matches could be moved for security reasons.

“We hope every one of our 16 host cities will be ready to successfully host and fulfil all necessary requirements,” a FIFA spokesperson said. “Safety and security are the top priorities at all FIFA events worldwide.” The spokesperson, however, added that: “Safety and security are obviously the governments’ responsibility, and they decide what is in the best interest for public safety.”

Related news

Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino

August 17, 2026
294

Messi sees penalty saved as Nashville routs Inter Miami in MLS

August 15, 2026
518

Liverpool deal with Bezos consortium raises stakes in US battle for Premier League power

August 15, 2026
625

Premier League club Liverpool sell minority stake to Jeff Bezos consortium

August 14, 2026
404

Messi returns after father’s death but Miami knocked out of Leagues Cup

August 12, 2026
505

Grieving Messi available for Miami in Leagues Cup clash

August 12, 2026
582

Trump said Tuesday that FIFA president Gianni Infantino would support moving World Cup games from US cities if necessary. In September, Trump raised the possibility of moving matches amid his crackdown on Democratic-run cities. “If somebody is doing a bad job and if I feel there’s unsafe conditions, I would call Gianni, the head of FIFA, who’s phenomenal, and I would say, let’s move it to another location. And he would do that,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked if games could be moved from Boston, one of the host cities. “Very easily he would do it,” Trump added.

The US president suggested that, if necessary, events for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics could also be moved. Republican Trump’s administration has deployed national guard troops to Democratic-run US cities this year over the objections of local and state leaders, saying they are needed to counter crime and left-wing activism.

Boston is scheduled to host seven games at next year’s World Cup. San Francisco and Seattle are both hosting six matches each at the tournament while Los Angeles is hosting eight. The United States is staging the World Cup jointly with Mexico and Canada but will be hosting the bulk of the games in the tournament, which has been expanded to include 48 teams. Eleven of the 16 host cities are in the United States for the June 11 to July 19 tournament.

Trump earlier this year appointed himself as chairman of a White House task force for the World Cup.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: 2026 World CupFIFAUSA
Share76Tweet48Share
Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor

Sport journalist known for his sharp wit and insightful commentary. Renowned for his passionate storytelling and deep understanding of the games he covers, Michael continues to captivate audiences with his engaging style.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
4 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted

Follow Us

Popular News

  • Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round

    48 shares
    Share 19 Tweet 12
  • American Kate Douglass reclaims 50m freestyle world record

    31 shares
    Share 12 Tweet 8
  • Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win

    20 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • Former Cincinnati contenders suffer contrasting first-round fates

    41 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • NBA triple-double king Westbrook to retire after 18 seasons

    51 shares
    Share 20 Tweet 13
SportBeep.com

Welcome to SportBeep, your ultimate destination for all things sports! If you're passionate about the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, or any other sport, you're in the right place. Here, you'll find the latest news, in-depth analyses, and commentary on the most important sporting events and personalities from around the world.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

News

  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Hockey
  • Tennis
  • Golf

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • EconomyLens.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
Your Privacy Choices

© 2026 SportBeep ~ Top Sports News from around the world!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby

© 2024 SportBeep.com - Best Sport News