SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby
No Result
View All Result
SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
Home Golf

Oakmont bans Clark after US Open locker room incident: reports

Mike McMahon by Mike McMahon
July 16, 2025
in Golf
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
47
SHARES
591
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Wyndham Clark, the 2023 US Open champion, has been banned from Oakmont Country Club after damaging his locker at the 2025 edition of the tournament. ©AFP

Washington (AFP) – Oakmont Country Club has banned 2023 US Open champion Wyndham Clark from the property after the American caused damage in the locker room at last month’s US Open there. A letter from club president John Lynch to club members this week that revealed the punishment was obtained by Golf Digest, ESPN, and Golf Channel.

Clark damaged his locker after missing the cut at last month’s US Open in the Pittsburgh suburbs, later apologizing for the incident, the results of which were shown in photos on social media. “Following multiple discussions with the USGA (US Golf Association) and the OCC (Oakmont Country Club) Board, a decision has been made that Mr. Clark will no longer be permitted on OCC property,” Lynch wrote.

Related news

Rahm three-peats as LIV Golf season champ while Niemann wins at New York

August 9, 2026
240

LIV Golf CEO says funding secured to play beyond 2026

August 5, 2026
556

Thorbjornsen earns maiden PGA win at Rocket Classic

August 2, 2026
394

Torrey Pines added to new PGA Tour top-level series from 2028

August 1, 2026
534

Ryu leads in bid for third straight major at women’s British Open

July 31, 2026
552

New pro Koivun holds off Scheffler to win PGA 3M Open

July 29, 2026
526

“This decision will remain in effect unless formally reconsidered and approved by the board. Reinstatement would be contingent upon Mr. Clark fulfilling a number of specific conditions.” Those requirements include a full repayment for damages, a “meaningful contribution” to a charity of the board’s choice, and completion of counseling and/or anger management sessions.

Clark apologized a few days later at the PGA Travelers Championship and said he made a mistake in a moment of rage, calling the incident a wake-up call. At the PGA Championship in May, the 31-year-old damaged a tee sign when he tossed a club.

Clark, 28th in world rankings, has managed only one top-10 result in 19 starts this year, a share of fifth place at April’s Houston Open. Oakmont is set to host the US Open again in 2033.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: Golfoakmont country clubPGA TourUS Open
Share19Tweet12Share
Mike McMahon

Mike McMahon

Born in Shanghai and raised in the vibrant streets of New York City, his passion for sports ignited early on. Armed with a journalism degree from Columbia University, he embarked on a dynamic career, seamlessly transitioning from a rookie reporter for a local newspaper to a revered figure in digital media. With an insatiable thirst for storytelling and a profound understanding of the games he covers, Mike has captivated audiences with his insightful analysis and engaging writing style. From courtside at basketball games to the sidelines of soccer matches, his journey from a young dreamer to a respected veteran serves as an inspiring testament to his unwavering dedication and love for the game.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted

Follow Us

Popular News

  • Shnaider upsets Pegula to book Toronto quarter-final with Swiatek

    28 shares
    Share 11 Tweet 7
  • Zverev says sanctions won’t solve problem of bloated Masters events

    42 shares
    Share 17 Tweet 11
  • NFL legend Craig reveals dementia diagnosis at Hall of Fame induction

    39 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • New commissioner Berg wants to take MLS to ‘next level’

    52 shares
    Share 21 Tweet 13
  • Infantino, the FIFA president under pressure after scrapped investor plan

    37 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 9
SportBeep.com

Welcome to SportBeep, your ultimate destination for all things sports! If you're passionate about the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, or any other sport, you're in the right place. Here, you'll find the latest news, in-depth analyses, and commentary on the most important sporting events and personalities from around the world.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

News

  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Hockey
  • Tennis
  • Golf

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • EconomyLens.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
Your Privacy Choices

© 2026 SportBeep ~ Top Sports News from around the world!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby

© 2024 SportBeep.com - Best Sport News