SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby
No Result
View All Result
SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
Home Soccer

Ronaldo can play in 2026 World Cup opener as FIFA ‘suspend’ ban

Mike McMahon by Mike McMahon
November 25, 2025
in Soccer
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
1
63
SHARES
786
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo was sent off against Ireland but has already served his one-match ban and can play in the World Cup group stage. ©AFP

Lisbon (AFP) – Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo can play in the opening matches of the 2026 World Cup after global football governing body FIFA gave him a partially “suspended” ban on Tuesday following a red card. The 40-year-old was sent off as Portugal lost 2-0 in Dublin earlier in November when he elbowed Dara O’Shea in the back, for his first dismissal in 226 international appearances.

FIFA banned Ronaldo for three matches, two of which will be suspended, and the other has already been served when Portugal sealed their qualification for next summer’s tournament against Armenia. “In line with article 27 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code, the serving of the two remaining matches has been suspended under a one-year probation period,” said FIFA in a statement given to AFP.

Related news

Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino

August 17, 2026
300

Messi sees penalty saved as Nashville routs Inter Miami in MLS

August 15, 2026
518

Liverpool deal with Bezos consortium raises stakes in US battle for Premier League power

August 15, 2026
625

Premier League club Liverpool sell minority stake to Jeff Bezos consortium

August 14, 2026
404

Messi returns after father’s death but Miami knocked out of Leagues Cup

August 12, 2026
505

Grieving Messi available for Miami in Leagues Cup clash

August 12, 2026
582

“If Cristiano Ronaldo commits another infringement of a similar nature and gravity during the probationary period, the suspension set out in the disciplinary decision shall be deemed automatically revoked and the remaining two matches must be served immediately at the next official (Portugal) matches.”

Ronaldo, the men’s all-time top goalscorer in international football with 143 goals, is aiming to play at a sixth World Cup next summer in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The former Real Madrid and Manchester United striker, currently at Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia, has not yet lifted the trophy but did win Euro 2016 with Portugal.

Ronaldo attended a dinner in the White House last week where he met US President Donald Trump, who said his son Barron “is a big fan” of the forward. The World Cup group stage draw takes place on December 5.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: 2026 World CupCristiano RonaldoFIFA
Share25Tweet16Share
Mike McMahon

Mike McMahon

Born in Shanghai and raised in the vibrant streets of New York City, his passion for sports ignited early on. Armed with a journalism degree from Columbia University, he embarked on a dynamic career, seamlessly transitioning from a rookie reporter for a local newspaper to a revered figure in digital media. With an insatiable thirst for storytelling and a profound understanding of the games he covers, Mike has captivated audiences with his insightful analysis and engaging writing style. From courtside at basketball games to the sidelines of soccer matches, his journey from a young dreamer to a respected veteran serves as an inspiring testament to his unwavering dedication and love for the game.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
1 Comment
Newest
Oldest Most Voted

Follow Us

Popular News

  • Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round

    48 shares
    Share 19 Tweet 12
  • American Kate Douglass reclaims 50m freestyle world record

    31 shares
    Share 12 Tweet 8
  • Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win

    20 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • Former Cincinnati contenders suffer contrasting first-round fates

    41 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • NBA triple-double king Westbrook to retire after 18 seasons

    52 shares
    Share 21 Tweet 13
SportBeep.com

Welcome to SportBeep, your ultimate destination for all things sports! If you're passionate about the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, or any other sport, you're in the right place. Here, you'll find the latest news, in-depth analyses, and commentary on the most important sporting events and personalities from around the world.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

News

  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Hockey
  • Tennis
  • Golf

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • EconomyLens.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
Your Privacy Choices

© 2026 SportBeep ~ Top Sports News from around the world!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby

© 2024 SportBeep.com - Best Sport News