SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby
No Result
View All Result
SportBeep.com
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
Home Tennis

World No.1 Sinner withdraws from US Open with knee injury

Kenton Alexander by Kenton Alexander
August 21, 2026
in Tennis
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
19
SHARES
237
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Italy's Jannik Sinner has not played since winning Wimbledon on July 12, 2026. ©AFP

Rome (AFP) – World number one Jannik Sinner confirmed on Friday he will not compete in the US Open, the final Grand Slam of the season, because of a right knee injury.

“Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” the Italian said in a statement. “We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realised that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue.

Related news

No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati

August 21, 2026
1.5k

Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury

August 21, 2026
751

World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek

August 20, 2026
226

Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul 

August 20, 2026
292

Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence

August 20, 2026
411

Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals

August 20, 2026
511

The five-time Grand Slam winner has not played since winning Wimbledon on July 12, pulling out of US Open warm-up hard court tournaments in Cincinnati and Montreal. “I’m obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart,” said the 24-year-old who won the US Open in 2024 but lost last year’s final to Carlos Alcaraz. “I was very much looking forward to coming back and playing in the electric atmosphere in front of the great fans there.”

Sinner will remain in Europe and continue his recovery with the aim of being ready for the Asian swing and the tournaments in Beijing and Shanghai.

Sinner had been dominating the 2026 season with an impressive record of 44 wins against three losses and six titles won, including Wimbledon. However, he suffered a major disappointment at the French Open, where he arrived as the overwhelming favourite but crashed out in the second round after suffering in the heatwave.

On Thursday, his great rival, Carlos Alcaraz, announced that he would return to competition at the US Open following a more than four-month absence due to a wrist injury.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: ATPtennisUS Open
Share8Tweet5Share
Kenton Alexander

Kenton Alexander

Kenton, a seasoned 60-year-old sport journalist with a lifelong passion for baseball. Hailing from the heartland of America, Kanton's love affair with the game began in his childhood, where he spent countless hours honing his skills on the diamond. As he grew older, David's fascination with sports only deepened, leading him to become an official for baseball matches, where he gained a unique perspective on the intricacies of the sport. Armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience, Kenton transitioned seamlessly into sports journalism, where he has become known for his insightful analysis and captivating storytelling. From the crack of the bat to the roar of the crowd, Kenton's journey from a baseball-loving kid to a respected journalist is a testament to his enduring passion for the game.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted

Follow Us

Popular News

  • Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round

    59 shares
    Share 24 Tweet 15
  • American Kate Douglass reclaims 50m freestyle world record

    32 shares
    Share 13 Tweet 8
  • Beleaguered FIFA chief Infantino rids himself of critic Lamour

    80 shares
    Share 32 Tweet 20
  • Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win

    41 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • Top seed Zverev bundled out by Paul in rain-hit Cincinnati upset

    58 shares
    Share 23 Tweet 15
SportBeep.com

Welcome to SportBeep, your ultimate destination for all things sports! If you're passionate about the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, or any other sport, you're in the right place. Here, you'll find the latest news, in-depth analyses, and commentary on the most important sporting events and personalities from around the world.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

News

  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Hockey
  • Tennis
  • Golf

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • EconomyLens.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
Your Privacy Choices

© 2026 SportBeep ~ Top Sports News from around the world!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Athletics
  • More
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Combat sports
    • Cricket
    • Figure Skating
    • Racing
    • Skiing
    • Swimming
    • Rugby

© 2024 SportBeep.com - Best Sport News